The reality is, as the show and Dean himself have made explicit at various times during its run, that John Winchester forced Dean to be a surrogate mother/spouse/feminized (in his view) caretaker role while simultaneously forcing him into as many hypermasculine tropes as he could think of and rewarding him only for being as much like him as possible. This would do a serious number on anyone’s head and I think the writers and the actor who plays Dean all realize this. Watching Dean face and resolve that harmful, abusive dichotomy over the years has been a unique experience for me as a viewer. The show has really benefited from having Jensen Ackles in the role, who has given him a level of nuance - and allowed the writers to plumb depths - that probably wouldn’t otherwise be there.
-- Supernatural’s Dean Winchester Dismantled His Own Machismo — and That’s Why We Love Him [x] (via bennylafitte)
- drake hit on nicki minaj and claimed he fell in love with her when they first met and invited her to get food with him and later on in the day he showed up at her door with food she took it and slammed the door in his face
- nicki minaj called out steven tyler for making a racist comment and wouldn’t let it go until he publicly apologized to her
- nicki minaj makes sure that when her younger relatives listen to her music that they listen to the clean version
- when eminem used a homophobic slur in her song she was incredibly uncomfortable about it and spoke to several people in her music team about what she should do about it
- she literally tried to give her fans instructions on how to make brownies on twitter
- I REALLY LOVE NICKI MINAJ
can i also just
- she called out perez hilton, who put on his blog “that she told rihanna to sit her ass down” and she responded with “I AM SICK OF THE SHIT YOU PUT UP! DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THE SHIT YOU POST?”
- when nicki minaj performed her first show the stage wasnt lightning properly and after the show she yelled at her team and the first thing that came out was “MY FANS STAYED OUT FROM 7 PM TO 1 AM TO SEE ME, THEY DONT DESERVE THIS”
- one time after a show the crowd was so loud after a performance she went back out and performed in her robe
- she put bacon in the microwave
- even though lil wayne told her not to she bought him a brand new motorcycle with his name engraved on it
- after the american idol q&a she stayed afterwards to talk to her fans and even pushed her security guard out of the way so she can get closer
- when asked if she could donate to a can food drive she said no she couldnt because she didnt have any cans, but she felt so bad she donated $15,000
- this face:
One of my friends got chased by little piggies during his bike ride
this is the opposite of a problem
”This is my favorite photo in the world - me and Linus, born to a dairy cow and ordered to be killed when the farmer saw he was a male (and thus useless in the dairy industry). A compassionate individual intervened, and he was brought to a sanctuary. I met him when he was a few days old and 60 pounds, and he would always try to sit on my lap. Today, 7 years young and 1500 pounds, he still tries to sit on my lap.”
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- what you said was: "i don't respect women who don't respect themselves"
- what you meant was: "i and society as a whole hold women up to ridiculous respectability standards directly relating to the "purity" of said women while hypersexualizing them at the same time and if you are a woman and don't fit my awkward monolith of criteria then i refuse to acknowledge your humanity"
- what i heard was: "hi i'm a misogynist piece of shit, please punch me in my face"